1. He failed in the election just because he ___________ his opponent.
A. overestimated B. underestimated C. understated D. undercharged
2. They ________because it is a national holiday.
A. don’t work B. won’t work C. haven’t worked D. aren’t working
3. She’s finished the course, ____________?
A. isn’t she B. hasn’t she C. doesn’t she D. didn’t she
4. “Would you like a beer?” “ Not while I’m ___________”
A. in the act B. in order C. on duty D. under control
5. Some friends of mine are really fashion-conscious, while __________ are quite simple.
A. some other B. some others C. anothers D. the other
6. According to some historians, If Napoleon had not invaded Russia, he _________ the rest of the world.
A. had conquered B. would conquer
C. would have conquered D. conquered
7. Is that the man _________ has been stolen?
A. the car of whom B. the car of his
C. whose car D. the car of who
8. When someone answers the phone, you say, “ Can I _________Elsie, please?”
A. talk to B. say to C. tell D. speak to
9. “ How much do you earn, Mary?” “ I’d___________”
A. rather don’t say B. better not to say C. rather not say D. prefer not say
10. Captain Scott’s __________ to the South Pole was marked by disappointment and tragedy.
A. excursion B. visit C. tour D. expedition
11. The teacher made a difficult question, but at last, Joe __________ a good answer.
A. came up with B. came up to C. came up against D. came up for
12. There are a lot of __________ buildings in the centre of the city.
A. many – floored B. many story C. multi – storied D. multi – storey
13. “ Make yourself at home.” “ ______________”
A. Yes, can I help you B. Thanks. Same to you
C. Not at all. Don’t mention it D. That’ very kind. Thank you.
14. Olypiakos ________ 0 – 0 with Real Madrid in the first leg of the semi-final in Athens.
A. drew B. equalled C. equalised D. shared
15. The pop star _________ when the lights _________
A. sang – were going out B. was singing - went out
C. was singing – were going out D. sang – went out
16. It was not until she had arrived home ______ remembered her appointment with the doctor.
A. when she B. that she C. and she D. she
17. ________ a novelty in American retailing, fixed prices are now universal in sales.
A. It was once B. Once it was C. That once D. Once
18. Jane will have to repeat the course because her work has been __________
A. unpleasant B. unnecessary C. unusual D. unsatisfactory
19. I don’t know If _________ in my essay.
A. is there a mistake B. there a mistake is C. a mistake is there D. there is a mistake
20. _________ you ever ________ the U.S. before your trip in 2006?
A. Have – been B. Would – be
C. Would – have been D. Had – been
21. “We’re going to the seaside.” “Can ___________?”
A. I come as well B. also I come
C. I too come D. I as well come
22. The old man is both deaf and dump. He can ______understand us.
A. harder B. hard C. hardly D. best
23. Does that name __________ to you?
A. ring a bell B. break the ice C. foot the bill D. fall into place
24. It was a great _________ to have a doctor living near us.
A. convenient B. convenience C. conveniently D. conveniences
25. “ Thanks for your help.” “ ____________”
A. With all my heart B. It’s my pleasure
C. Never remind me D. All it is for you
26. The greater the demand, __________ the price.
A. higher B. high C. the higher D. the high
27. In the 1960s, pop art _______ to discover artistic significant in the commercial artifacts of the consumer culture.
A. seeking B. to seek C. has sought D. sought
28. What is a _________ like that cost?
A. clothing B. clothes C. garment D. clothe
29. “I think women should not go to work.” “ I __________”
A. quite agree B. a little agreed C. so agree D. rather agreed
30. Put your shoes on properly or you’ll ________ over.
A. get B. turn C. fall D. bend
31. Barney and friends gave children___________ pleasure.
A. a great deal of B. a large quantity C. a large deal of D. a great number of
32. Do you have any objections___________ this new road scheme?
A. at B. with C. to D. for
33. Despite a lot of hardship, the Green City Project will go___________
A. before B. forward C. advance D. ahead
34. I'm sorry! I didn't break that vase on___________
A. my mind B. time C. purpose D. intention
35. I don't feel like___________ to the cinema now.
A. go B. to have gone C. going D. to go
36. He has___________ money in the bank.
A. a large number of B. a lots of C. a lot of D. lot of
37. There's a good film___________ town.
A. at B. over C. on in D. in on
38. He isn't going to learn Spanish and___________
A. so isn't she B. neither is she C. she isn't too D. either she isn't
39. The policeman explained to us___________ get to the market.
A. how B. how could C. how we could D. how could we
40. He's always trying___________ me.
A. to avoid to meet B. avoiding meeting C. to avoid meeting D. avoiding to meet
41. Mr. Brown___________ in the army from 1960 to 1980.
A. had served B. has served C. had been serving D. served
42. Would you please___________ him speak about the new plan.
A. let B. allow C. ask D. tell
43. Although she is unkind, I can't help___________ her.
A. like B. liked C. to like D. liking
44. Although Vicky looked pretty much the same after all those years, I noticed___________ changes which made her look even more beautiful than I remembered.
A. fair B. sensitive C. subtle D. joint
45. After hours of bargaining with the salesman, Jake bought the jacket for a _________of the original price.
A. fraction B. piece C. part D. spot
46. The football match tomorrow evening will be broadcast___________ on TV and radio.
A. simultaneously B. communally C. uniformly D. jointly
47. Please fill in your employment history, including your___________ employer as well as any previous ones you might have had.
A. private B. daily C. constant D. current
48. Most museums in the city___________ Day Passes at special rates for both pupils and students.
A. issue B. transmit C. print D. project
49. The woman___________ someone had stolen her purse, but although they searched everyone in the shop, it wasn't found.
A. accused B. enforced C. claimed D. warned
50. As I was___________ of the change in the program, I arrived half an hour late for the rehearsal.
A. unaware B. unconscious C. unable D. unreasonable
1. B 2. D 3. B 4. C 5. B 6. C 7. C 8. D 9. C 10. D
11. A 12. D 13. D 14. A 15. B 16. B 17. D 18. D 19. D 20. D
21. A 22. C 23. A 24. B 25. B 26. C 27. D 28. C 29. A 30. C
31. A 32. C 33. D 34. C 35. C 36. C 37. C 38. B 39. C 40. C
41. D 42. A 43. D 44. C 45. A 46. A 47. D 48. A 49. C 50. A
Tất cả nội dung bài viết. Các em hãy xem thêm và tải file chi tiết dưới đây:
>> Luyện thi TN THPT & ĐH năm 2024 trên trang trực tuyến Tuyensinh247.com. Học mọi lúc, mọi nơi với Thầy Cô giáo giỏi, đầy đủ các khoá: Nền tảng lớp 12; Luyện thi chuyên sâu; Luyện đề đủ dạng; Tổng ôn chọn lọc.