1. The house was burgled while the family was in a card game.
A. buried B. busy C. absorbed D. helping
2. I am sorry that I can’tyour invitation.
A. take B. except C. agree D. accept
3. what he says, he wasn’t even there when the crime was committed.
A. Following B. According to C. Hearing D. meaning
4. he has impressed his employers considerably andhe is soon to be promoted.
A. nevertheless B. accordingly C. yet D. eventually
5. He gave his listeners a vividof his journey through Peru.
A. account B. tale C. communication D. plot
6. Will you be taking my precious experience intowhen you fix my salary?
A. possession B. account C. mind D. scale
7. The policeman stopped him when he was driving home andhim of speeding.
A. charged B. accused C. blamed D. arrested
8. His stomach began tobecause of the bad food he had eaten.
A. pain B. harm C. be hurt D. ache
9. If youmoney to mine, we shall have enough.
A. add B. combine C. unite D. bank
10. he was full offor her bravery.
A. energy B. admiration C. surprise D. pride
11. This ticketone person to the show.
A. permits B. enters C. delivers D. admits
12. The cow had lost its own calf. but the farmer persuaded it toone whose mother had died.
A. choose B. adopt C. undertake D. collect
13. If wethe plan you suggest, we are more likely to be successful.
A. elect B. command C. vote D. adopt
14. Science has made greatduring the past 30 years.
A. motions B. advances C. advantages D. opportunities
15. He was a much older tennis player but he had the greatof experience.
A. advantage B. deal C. value D. profit
16. I had quiteon my way to work this morning.
A. an experiment B. an adventure C. a happening D. an affair
17. He always studies thein the paper as he wants to find a good second-hand car.
A. advertisements B. publicity C. announcements D. publication
18. On my present salary, I just can’ta car which costs over $3.000.
A. pretend B. elect C. afford D. adopt
19. The girl’s fatherto buy her a car if she passed her examination.
A. admitted B. accepted C. agreed D. approved
20. They are twins and look very _____________.
A. alike B. same C. likely D. identical
21. As a result of theirthe three small independent countries felt less afraid of their powerful neighbour.
A. combination B. alliance C. partnership D. union
22. When he was a student, his father gave him a monthlytowards his expenses.
A. salary B. permission C. allowance D. wage
23. Is anyoneto fish in this river?
A. borne B. allowed C. admitted D. passed
24. Hishad always been to become an architect.
A. study B. ambition C. imagination D. direction
25. Theof ice-cream sold increases sharply in the summer months.
A. account B. amount C. number D. size
26. If you are bitten by a poisonous snake. it is necessary to be given anas quickly as possible.
A. analgesic B. antibiotic C. antiseptic D. antidote
27. I’ mto get the tickets for the show today, as there are hardly any left.
A. worried B. curious C. anxious D. troubled
28. The child was told tofor being rude to his uncle.
A. excuse B. apologize C. punish D. confess
29. He isa very old man but in fact he is only fifty.
A. apparently B. evidently C. obviously D. actually
30. As a result of the radiofor help for the earthquake victims, over a million pounds has been raised.
A. appeal B. call C. programme D. advertisement
31. Let me know if any difficulties.
A. arise B. come C. rise D. happen
32. Could you pleasean appointment for me to see Mr. Smith?
A. manage B. arrange C. take D. have
33. The policeher for helping the murderer to escape.
A. caught B. searched C. brought D. arrested
34. When Johnin London he went to see the Houses of Parliament.
A. came B. reached C. arrived D. got
35. I read an interestingin a newspaper about farming today.
A. article B. advertisement C. composition D. explanation
36. Students are expected totheir classes regularly.
A. assist B. frequent C. attend D. present
37. Before you sign anything important, pay carefulto all the conditions.
A. notice B. attention C. regards D. reference
38. In the central region the dry season is long and severe, and theannual rainfall is only about 70 cm.
A. refreshing B. general C. average D. greatest
39. The bicycle was moving so fast that its rider could not an accident.
A. leave B. avoid C. miss D. overtake
40. As soon as the children were, their mother got them out of bed and into the bathroom.
A. woke B. wake C. awake D. waken
41. Thisis not big enough to cut down a tree.
A. axe B. hammer C. screw D. knife
42. In the market, the merchantsand joked with their friends and neighbours.
A. bargained B. gardened C. bearded D. changed
43. He couldn’tthe thought of leaving his home town for ever.
A. think B. bear C. carry D. hold
44. The room was so quiet that she could hear theof her heart.
A. beating B. tapping C. knocking D. striking
45. Through a mixture of greed and intelligence, he hasthe biggest landowner in the whole district.
A. grown B. developed C. become D. increased
46. The damage done to my house by the fire has now.
A. done good B. been made good C. made me good D. been for good
47. The children will not be allowed to come with us if they don’tthemselves better.
A. direct B. behave C. declare D. compose
48. He has adopted three orphanshis own six children so that, all together, he has nine children to provide for.
A. besides B. except C. beside D. in place of
49. The two scientists disagreed and a argument developed.
A. wet B. bitter C. salty D. sour
50. The weather wasthe exceptionally poor harvest.
A. blamed for B. condemned for C. accused of D. criticized for
>>>>>Xem tiếp các câu còn lại và đáp án trong file đính kèm.
Tất cả nội dung bài viết. Các em hãy xem thêm và tải file chi tiết dưới đây:
>> Luyện thi TN THPT & ĐH năm 2024 trên trang trực tuyến Tuyensinh247.com. Học mọi lúc, mọi nơi với Thầy Cô giáo giỏi, đầy đủ các khoá: Nền tảng lớp 12; Luyện thi chuyên sâu; Luyện đề đủ dạng; Tổng ôn chọn lọc.