Từ chỉ định lượng cung cấp tất cả những nội dung về các từ chỉ số lượng, cách dùng với danh từ và ngữ nghĩa, ví dụ cụ thể và bìa tập áp dụng phong phú giúp học sinh dễ tiếp thu và vận dụng trong thực tiễn và thi cử.
QUANTIFIERS( TỪ CHỈ ĐỊNH LƯỢNG)
– Dùng trong câu khẳng định
v Some + countable noun (số nhiều) + V(số nhiều)
Some pens are on the table.
There are some pens on the table.
v Some + uncountable noun + V(số ít)
There is some ink in the inkpot.
2. Many/ much
– Dùng trong câu phủ định và câu nghi vấn. “Much” thường không được dùng trong câu khẳng định. “Many” có thể dùng được trong câu khẳng định nhưng “a lot of” thường được dùng nhiều hơn trong câu đàm thoại.
- Many + countable noun (số nhiều) + V(số nhiều)
There are many books on the table.
There are not many boys here.
Are there many teachers in your school?
- Much + uncountable noun + V(số ít)
There isn’t much fresh water on earth.
There is much milk in the bottle.
We didn't spend much money.
Nhưng chú ý rằng , chúng ta dùng “too much” và “so many” trong các câu khẳng định:
We spent too much money.
3. A lot of/ lots of/ plenty of
– Dùng trong câu khẳng định
ü A lot of/ lots of/ plenty of + countable noun (số nhiều) + V(số nhiều)
A lot of pupils/ lots of pupils are in the library now.
Plenty of shops take checks.
ü A lot of/ lots of/ plenty of + noun (không đếm được) + V(số ít)
Lots of sugar is sold in the shop.
A lot of time is needed to learn a language.
Don’t rush, there’s plenty of time.
4. A great deal of (= much)/ a number of
A great deal of + uncountable noun + V (số ít)
A great deal of rice is produced in Vietnam
A large number of + countable noun (số nhiều) + V(số nhiều)
A great number of + countable noun (số nhiều) + V(số nhiều)
A large number of cows are raised in Ba Vi.
The number of + countable noun (số nhiều) + V (số ít)
The number of days in a week is seven.
The number of residents who have been questioned on this matter is quite small.
5. A little và little
- A little (không nhiều nhưng đủ dùng) + uncountable noun + V(số ít)
- Little (gần như không có gì) + uncountable noun + V(số ít)
A: Can you give me some ink?
B: Yes, I can give you some. I’ve got a little ink in my pen
( No, I’m sorry. I’ve got only little)
We must be quick. There is little time. (= not much , not enough time )
He spoke little English, so it was difficult to communicate with him
He spoke a little English, so we was able to communicate with him.
6. A few và few
- A few (không nhiều nhưng đủ dùng) + countable noun (số nhiều) + V(số nhiều)
- Few (gần như không có) + countable noun (số nhiều) + V(số nhiều)
The house isn’t full. There are a few rooms empty .
Where can I sit now? - There are few seats left.
He isn't popular. He has few friends.
She's lucky. She has few problems. (= not many problem)
- All + countable noun (số nhiều) + V(số nhiều)
All students are ready for the exam.
- All + uncountable noun + V(số ít)
Nearly all water on earth is salty.
8. Most of, all of, some of, many of
v Most/ some/ all/ many + noun (số nhiều) + V(số nhiều)
Some people are very unfriendly.
v Most of, some of, all of, many of + the/ his/ your/ my/ this/ those... + noun (số nhiều) + V(số nhiều)
Some of the people at the party were very friendly.
Most of my friends live in Hanoi.
BÀI TẬP ÁP DỤNG
1. There is _______water in the bottle.
A. little B. a few C. any D. many
2. I have ______money, not enough to buy groceries.
A. a lot of B. little C. any D. many
3. I have ________money, enough to buy a ticket.
A. a lot of B. little C. many D. a little
4. She has _______books, not enough for references.
A. few B. a few C. many D. little
5. She has _______books, enough to read.
A. many B. few C. a few D. a little
6. There _______ traffic on the street at rush hours.
A. are too many B.is too much C. are too alot D. are too little
7. He bought _______furniture for her new apartment which she has bought recently.
A. many B. few C. much D. a few
8. _________ the people I work with are very friendly.
A. some B. some of C. a little of D. a few
9. _________these money is mine.
A. some B. a few of C. many D. none of
10. We didn’t spend __________money
A. many B. some C. much D. a few
11. There are _________people there.
A. too many B. too a little C. too much D.too little
12. Do you know ________people in this neighbourhood.
A. much B. a little C. many D.little
13. Would you like _________to eat?
A. something B. anything C.everything D.nothing
14. I can’t find it ___________.
A. somewhere B. nowhere C.everyplace D.anywhere
15. I like him __________.
A. so many B. any much C.so much D.so some
16. We must be quick. There is ________time left.
A. much B. many C.a lot of D. little
17. Let’s go and have a drink we have _______time left.
A. much B. a little C.a lot of D. little
18. There is a telephone in _______room of the house.
A. every B. any C.some D. no
19. You should read _______sentence carefully.
A. every B. some C.many D. a lot of
20. _________ has right to vote.
A. something B. everyone C.many people D. some people
21. Both men ________interested in this job in the interview yesterday.
A. are B. was C.were D. is
22. There are four books on the table .________has a different colour.
A. Every B. Each C.Many D. Some
23. He has two bookstores. One is in Thac Mo. _________is in Phuoc Binh
A. other B. the others C.another D. the other
24. ________restaurant is expensive.
A. some B. either C.neither D. any
25. Did you take _______ photographs when you were on holiday.
A. some B. either C.much D. many
26. The news has _________information.
A. much B. many C.some D. any
27. We ‘ll hurry We haven’t got ________time left.
A. some B. many C. much D. any
28. I don’t have ________friends in Ha Noi
A. some B. any C. much D. no
29. We didn’t buy ________flowers yesterday.
A. some B. many C. much D. any
30. There ___________ at the door.
A. is somebody B. is anybody C. is everybody D. isn’t nobody
31. She went out without_________money.
A. any B. many C. much D. some
32. There are _________in the hall.
A. somebody B. anybody C. everybody D. some people
33. I’m not hungry. I don’t want _________to eat.
A. everything B. anything C. something D. nothing
34. She didn’t take _________money with her.
A. any B. many C. some D. no
35. Has __________body seen my bags?
A. somebody B. any person C. anybody D. some people
36. Can I have _________sugar please.
A. any B. some C. much D. little
37. Let me know if you need ______help.
A. any B. many C. some D. much
38. Some one has forgotten ________umbrella.
A. them B. their C. they D. theirs
39. The house were empty. There is _________living here.
A. someone B. anybody C. nobody D. everybody
40. I don’t have ________relatives in these strange place.
A. any B. some C. a little D. much
41. I’m so hungry. I could eat __________.
A. something B. anything C. nothing D. every things
42. The exam was quite difficult. _________passed.
A. Someone B. Anybody C. Nobody D. Everybody
43. He has ________luck. Everything he does, he gains.
A. any B. some C. a little D. much
44. We have used _________energy recently.
A. too many B. many too C. too much D. much too
45. He spoke _______English, so it was difficult for him to communicate with people here.
A. many B. some C. little D. much
46. The village was small. There was ________ house.
A. many B. few C. little D. a few
47. He isn’t very popular. He has ________friends.
A. few B. some C. little D. a few
48.The museum was too crowded. There _________people there.
A. is too much B. are too many C. a few D. few
49. __________ people are friendly.
A. some B. some of C. some of those D. some those
50.Both of them ________students at high school now.
A. are B. is C. was D. were
51. _________ restaurants we went to were expensive.
A. Neither of B. Neither of the C. None of D. Some of
52. Every seat in the theater last night ________taken.
A. was B. were C. are D. is
53. Everybody __________at the square yesterday.
A. has arrived B. have arrived C. arrived D. arrive
54.________time I meet you. You look different.
A. much B. every C. some D. no
55. ________was given a book.
A. some students B. every students C. each students D. each student
56.I would like to visit ______country in the world.
A. some of B. every C. many D. a lot of
57. In the football match ______ has 11 players.
A. each B. every C. two teams D.it
58. The olympic games are held ________four years.
A. each B. every C. one D. once
59. Do you need .....................?
A. a help B. any help C. any helps D. helps
60. That was a very________story about the adventures in the tropical forests.
A. excitement B. excited C. exciting D. excite
61. The pupils are very ______ because their school has won the basketball championship.
A. excitement B. excited C. exciting D. excite
62. ______should pay more taxes.
A. Rich B. The rich C. The riches D. Richer
63. ______people I know are worried about the environment.
A. Most B. The most C. Much D. The much
64. ______tall you've grown!
A. What B. How C. How much D. How many
65. The film was ______ interesting that it could satisfy everybody.
A. too B. very C. so D. such
66. My new job is much ______
A. interesting B. interested C. interest D. interests
67. They felt happy, and ______ did I.
A. either B. neither C. too D. so
68. Peter says he doesn't see ______
A. somebody B. everybody C. anybody D. nobody
69. __________ don't like to read picture-books.
A. Some childs B. some of children
C. some of the children D. some of the childs
70. It's _________ long time since he last saw his parents.
A. such a B. so C. very D. too
71. The audience clapped their hands so _________ that the singer had to sing again.
A. many times B. much time C. very much D. much
72. Our seats were_________far from the stage that we couldn't see the actors andactresses clearly.
A. very B. too C. enough D. so
73. I like Dalat. What I like _______ living here is that it's fresh, quiet and beautiful.
A. more about B. most about C. more of D. most of
74. ________ players are there in a football team?
A. How much B. Many C. Do many D. How many
75. - How ................. does he run a day? - 16 miles.
A. much B. far C. long D. fast
76. He can't cook well, and I can't, ........................
A. too B. either C. neither D. so
77. The circus shows are ................... exciting that the whole family enjoy them.
A. so B. very C. too D. such
78. I haven't had ................... an enjoyable evening for months.
A. such B. so C. much D. very
79. She was ................... clever that she could make a dress by hands.
A. much B. very C. so D. such
80. Most of the pupils are ................... to pass the examination.
A. good enough B. too good C. very good D. good too
81. These piles of books are ............... cleaner than the others.
A. as B. very C. so D. much
82. She is ................... an engineer nor an architect.
A. nor B. both C. neither D. either
83. That play was ................... for her to see again.
A. too interesting B. enough interesting
C. interesting enough D. more interesting enough
84. The more we study, the ................... we are.
A. more good B. good C. well D. better
85. Mary can't speak French .................
A. Either can Peter B. Neither can't Peter
C. Neither can Peter D. Peter can't neither
86. Everyone can ................. in this school activity.
A. take off B. take on C. take part D. take
87. ................... we eat, the fatter we become.
A. The much B. The more C. Many D. A lot of
88. The lesson ................... for me to understand.
A. is very difficult B. too difficult C. difficult too D. is too difficult
89. This exercise is ................... I must finish it as soon as possible.
A. very important so B. so important that
C. too important that D. enough important that
90. She was ................... she never had time to go out in the evening.
A. so busy that B. very busy C. busy enough D. busy so that
91. She didn’t eat __________breakfast.
A. much B. many C. some D. any
92. There aren’t ______large glasses left.
A. some B. any C. much D. many
93. I have seen________ of Minh recently.
A.a lot of B. any C. too much D. too many
94. Not _______Denmark is hilly.
A.a lot of B. any of C. much of D. many of
95. You can’t see much of a country in a week.
A. much of B. some of C. a lot of D. many of
96. I won’t pass the exam. I have missed many of my lessons.
A. some of B. much of C. many of D. a lot of
97. He got _______men friends, but he doesn’t know ________women.
A. lots of/ many B. much/ many C. many / many D. many/ much
98. I don’t travel much these days.
A. much B. some C. a lot D. many
99. ________strong man has disheartened before such a challenge.
A. much a B. Some C. Many a D. Many
100. ________time is needed to learn a language.
A. Any B. Some C. Much D. A lot of
101. __________us think it’s time for an election.
A. Lots of B. Lot of C. Much D. Many
102. ________cheese is made from cow’s milk.
A. Most B. Some C. Much D. More
103. ________my friends live abroad.
A. Many B. Some C. Much D. Most of
104. _________us thought he was wrong.
A. Most of B. Some of C. Much of D. Many a
105. Thank you for bringing me along. I never thought Shakespeare could be so ______fun.
A. many B. much C. few D. some
106. You should say . ______and do ______
A. many / few B. much / little C. few / many D. little / much
107. Very ______ people knew about it.
A. few B. less C. much D. little
108. He is a man of ______words.
A. less B. little C. fewer D. few
109. ______ heard about the book, but ______. read it.
A. Many / few B. Much / little C. Many / little D. Few / Fewer
110. "Do you know English?" "Just ______."
A. much B. many C. little D. less
111. She has very ______ knowledge of the matter.
A. few B. little C. some D. many
112. The forces were unequal, they were______we were ______
A. many / few B. much / little C. few / much D. little / much
113. We have imported ______ computers this year than last year.
A. few B. less C. fewer D. many
114. There has been ______demand for computers this year than last year.
A. few B. little C. fewer D. more
115. ______in Shanghai than in any other city in China.
A. More people live B. More people living
C. It has more people D. More living people
116. I've been to the theater ______ of times.
A. much B. a little C. most of D. few
117. But ______ of the plays I've seen are modern.
A. a few of B. a little C. most D. many
118. When I studied Shakespeare, I thought his plays were ______ boring.
A. a great deal of B. few C. much D. many
119. ______of Shakespeare's plays are about history.
A. A few of B. Many C. Much D. A little
120. They spent ______ time studying Victorian literature.
A. few B. many C. a large number of D. much
121. ______popular expressions in our language have interesting background.
A. Little B. Many C. A large number D. Much
122. At the beginning everybody spoke English very quickly and I couldn't understand ______ But
after ______ days, it is easier and ______ things I had learnt came back to me.
A. much / a few / many B. a lot / little / a lot
C. much / much / a great number D. many / a few / many
123. Would you like__________milk? Yes, please.
A. few B. any C. some D. much
124. ________ them were at the meeting last night so they didn’t have knowledge about marketing
A. neither of B. any of C. many D. a lot of
125. ________my friends live abroad.
A. Neither of B. Any of C. Many D. Most of
126. How ________money have you got in your pocket ?
A. a lot of B. any C. many D. much
127.I could speak ________words of Swedish, but I wasn’t very fluent.
A. a few B.a little C. few D. little
128. Can you speak French? Just ________
A. a few B. little C. few D. a little
129. Very ________people were flying because of terrorist activities then.
A. few B. a little C. a few D. little
130. He spent ________ of his time on his holidays.
A. much B. many C. a lot of D. little
Tất cả nội dung bài viết. Các em hãy xem thêm và tải file chi tiết tại đây: Download